Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Peacock’s Nest is Getting Ready to OPEN!

In all the years we have owned Orillia Lake; never has the ice been out this early, the snow disappeared so quickly, nor our red steel roof shed its winter coat and melted before the first day of Spring.

March Break for us has always been (as a family) when we would officially open the cottage. In the early years we’d take time off with the kids, snowshoe in, clear the decks and have our first stay of the new season.

In the last few years, due to part time jobs and graduation, family visits became fewer and farther between. What use to be our family haven became that place we played board games (yawn), listened to Super Hits Saturday Night (ick) and (God forbid) didn't have an internet connection! 

So many things changed last year. The weather was so poor we never opened for business until Canada Day weekend - and I spent most of my time there alone as both Tony and the kids seemed to have had enough.

This year my plan is to open early and spend as much time there as possible.

Not because I don’t love the house in town (and my standing Friday night tee time) but because I won’t entertain selling the spot until I have made an honest effort of enjoying it without the kids being around. Am I nervous for what the 2012 season will bring? No way.

My plan is to soak up as much sun as possible, read books and more books, and if it rains I'll just stay in bed and watch one of my 200+ movies. If that doesn't float my boat I’ll buy a jet ski.

I am dead serious. If I get cabin fever, I can trailer that puppy onto the big lakes in a heart beat. Glass half full? Absolutely! Who's the smart chick that isn't paying a crippling tax bill?

That's right peeps... I'm always thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment