Monday, September 17, 2012

Eight Days of Knowing I LOVE The Fall...

I am pleased to report that this morning was the eighth morning in a row I jumped out of bed and told myself that I was “going to have a great day.” I must admit, I was right on the money.

With a skip in my step I had a great walk to work. My toes were a tad bit nippy walking in my sandals but nothing I couldn’t handle. After all, it's approaching fall in Muskoka, which triggers my annual sock dilemma. To wear socks, or not to wear socks: that is the question.

Fall is absolutely my favourite time of year. Gets kicked off every year with my asking myself the sock question, along with enjoying my favourite annual event, Canada's Walk of Fame Festival.

I love what this upcoming weekend represents. I have enjoyed each and every ceremony since it's inception but this time last year I took the leap. I headed into the city to enjoy the festival first hand. I had dinner with Bill (Downtown Toronto Sheraton), then Colleen and I headed to Massey Hall for Burton Cummings. We were there to celebrate Burton being inducted onto Canada's Walk of Fame.

This week, I have butterflies knowing that I'll dine then enjoy Sarah McLachlan bring down the house at Massey Hall. That's right, one of my favourite artists has accepted the honour of being one of the 2012 inductees. She’s sold over 40 million recordings worldwide and five of her albums have reached the Billboard Top 15. I love her music, I love all of her music.

I have only been to Massey Hall once and there’s not a bad seat in the house. I fully expect that when the house lights dim the hair on my arms and the back of my neck will stand on end. The anticipation of hearing her live and not on YouTube has me downright emotional. How silly is it that I am so amped that I’m literally giddy.

As the  season’s change and so do I (sorry that was last year’s inductee) I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the start of what is going to be the perfect fall season.

FAN-freaking-tastic!

Check out the other inductees:     http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment