Saturday, January 26, 2013

Life Lesson #457 I've Learned


If there is one thing this silly little blog has taught me, it’s that I am not alone. I have friends of friends of friends that have shared; and I have had people that I have never met reach out, email and comment. What started out as a simple coping mechanism for all the negative energy in my life, has evolved into something I look forward to doing.

For lack of a better reference, it’s mine. Kind of like my flower gardens were when the kids were small. I'd always look forward to some "me time" when I could work away at them in the evening. It was fun. All season long, I would be changing it up. Inserting colour and contour; so at the end of it all, I provided a delightful visual reward, along the front of our home for all to see.

I remember that time in my life fondly. Seems like forever ago, probably because it was. That was then, and this is now. Once again reminding myself that I can’t go back, I can only go forward. Lord knows, I am the first to raise my hand and acknowledge that is easier said than done.

Lessons Learned In Life!
Why? Part and parcel because in the blink of an eye the past can become the present. Which in turn starts the vicious circle over and over again. 

Once jolted back, you inevitably arrive at the “I have to figure out what I really want” card. I hate that card. 

That card, combined with the "is this as good as it gets" question, has caused me more personal angst than I care to admit.

If there’s one thing the last couple of years have taught me is that at the end of it all you realize it just isn’t about you. After all is said and done, it becomes crystal clear that it’s actually the opposite. It's more about everything and everyone around you, that’s what makes up your life. 

Though I understand that one has to make themselves a priority, there is no need to shut everyone out of your life in doing so.  I am a firm believer that it doesn't have to be lonely. After all, you can't change who you are and what you need to be happy. That why it's called "personal happiness.

It's a journey, a fact finding mission per say, to which I am completely convinced that no matter how hard you look you'll never find a Hollywood or fairy tale ending. That "grass is always greener" thought process? Has a three month euphoric effect max! 

At the end of it all, even if you’re lucky enough to find a tower and a damsel; you’re still going wake up in the morning, there’s going to be shit to be done, bills to be paid, and no matter whom you choose she'll end up bitching at you just the same. That's just the harsh reality at hand.

I remember reading somewhere that people don’t always need advice. Sometimes all they need is a hand to hold, an ear to listen, and a heart to understand them. You my friend, know better than most, that I am ME. How crazy is it that I know you'd find me remiss if I didn’t literally cover off all four!

With number one officially checked off my list; my hand, my ear, and my heart are waiting. I will always love you and Good Luck. 

I hope you find what you've been searching for...


No comments:

Post a Comment