Monday, April 1, 2013

A Is For… ADMIRATION


I’m not sure why I picked this word when I could have gone with abstinence, aerobics or even with what I am; which is abnormal. Guess I chose it because all of my life I have been a die-hard admirer.

April 1st, 2013 - ADMIRATION
The people, places, things I admire change regularly; I’d like to think that happens because I never want to stop learning. 

Take this post for example. I admire Arlee Bird for founding the A-Z Blogging Challenge (Happy Birthday Arlee). His commitment and vision inspire me. The more I understand what it is I am participating in, the more it amazes me.

I admire all of you for reading. Just look how far we’ve come in such a short period of time! Knowing that you read, gives me something to look forward to, so thank you very much.

What else do I admire? I admire my husband. I am filled with admiration at the thought that after all of these years (of me being a complete and total bitch) he’ll still reach to hold my hand as we stroll across a grocery store parking lot. I admire our children. Who will look back at the life we have given them, knowing that we worked hard for them, and realize that we really did do our best.

Most of all? I admire that I know I will never stop dreaming (no matter how small my dream may be).

 I admire that you taught me that B. You truly are one of a kind!


6 comments:

  1. I think I admire most of the people I've met in life (been lucky!) and all the little pleasures in life like good food and books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never losing the dream? Completely admirable. And so is your contagious enthusiasm and seemingly boundless energy! Good luck with the challenge, Rhondi! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! I greatly admire people who never see the glass half empty, and who - despite sometimes unimaginable hardship - continue to have a wonderful sense of humor. Sounds like you might be that kind of person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many wonderful people in my life whom I admire very much. Most of all, I admire myself for being able to assemble such an admirable bunch. Good job, me.

    And good job you, for such a nice start to the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire cakes a lot. From a distance, and then from a lot closer.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire my sister, Rhondi, for all her accomplishments in life. But most of all, I admire her for the person she has become.

      Delete