Tuesday, March 25, 2014

If I Only Knew Then What I Know Now…

The last four months have been extremely chaotic for me. Not in a fearful, stomach churning sort of way but in direct relation to the level of expectation I task myself with both personally and professionally each and every day. 

If there’s one thing that I know I’ll walk away from this week with, it's the knowledge that haters are gonna hate.  Let’s face it, negativity breeds exactly that: more intense and widespread negativity. Can't change it and have no desire to focus on it.

I've talked openly about 'friendships' since I started this silly little electronic journal in November of 2011. Extroverts like myself have a wide range of people that drift in and out of our lives. When I take a step back, like I did today, I understand why I speak to many but trust so very few.

With a formal announcement looming locally about my future, there were certain people (that I have unconditional respect for professionally) that I wanted to announce my career move to personally. Each and every single one of them were happy for me.

I want to clarify that calling them wasn't because I needed something from them. I just wanted them to hear directly from me why I chose to transition away from them, at what may have been perceived by the industry, as a high point for me career wise.

If I only knew then what I know now... C'est la vie!
Taken: July 2012
I know there will be a lot of speculation about why I have done what I've done when tomorrow’s newspaper is published and it truly doesn't matter. It is what it is.  A personal career choice that I made with the support of my family for personal growth, a challenge and a solid change. 

You know what? The handful that truly know and care about me, emailed me steadily the last couple of days and have kept a smile on my face during this very hectic time.

They are the few that will always have my unconditional support and ongoing trust.

THOSE are the ones I truly love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment