Sunday, March 30, 2014

WISH ME LUCK...

It’s that time of year again, when I willingly torture myself, daily, for an entire month, with the sole purpose of honing my mediocre creative writing skills. That, and to embrace reading/chatting about other offerings posted by approximately 2,000 other avid contributing bloggers.

Any/ALL letter ideas will be greatly appreciated!
Yes-sir-ree... How coincidental is it that April Fools' Day marks my first offering in the 2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge?

For all of you that weren't followers last year, I have to scribe a post a day. Each day represents a different letter of the alphabet: 26 letters covered off in 26 days (with Sundays off for good behaviour).

Last year was the first time I participated. I did it for a couple of very specific reasons. By the end of the month, I had hammered out 99% of the emotion attached to something that had been plaguing me. Even now, when I have any doubt about my decisions I revisit those offerings. The process was extremely cathartic. Crazy hard... but extremely cathartic.

Why the general hesitancy? This year I am in a different place. I’m not sure if my tentativeness is because I remember just how hard it was to finish last year, or because my thoughts and outlook this time around are just so much darker.

Either way, I’m gonna give it a shot. With my fingers crossed I truly hope I will be able to finish. 

Wish me luck. … Tuth is I KNOW I’m gonna fecking need it!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm participating again this year as well. In fact, I started a second blog a couple months ago so I'm doing the challenge for both of them! I've been writing like crazy for the past couple weeks, getting posts scheduled. Here's wishing us both the best, I'll be checking in to read your posts. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete