Friday, July 18, 2014

Thank God It’s Friday!

I've always made an effort to hone my ability to multi-task; yet, I don’t know why I find comfort in the moments when I'm in overdrive. You know those days? When you have so much on the go that you swear you can hear circus music in your head & sense carnies (circus folk) standing behind you at your desk? All of that said, this was one hell of a long week under the Big Top!

Late yesterday afternoon my husband called me to ask if I needed anything. Knowing that a barrel of Pinot Grigio and two very large straws were not an option, I quietly said nothing. Then, about forty five minutes later, I heard the dogs barking signalling that someone was coming down the steps to the cottage.

My best friend bough me flowers...
Aren't they purdee?
Taken: July 17th, 2014
When I swung about in my office chair and looked up, my husband was standing there. Shocked, I said, “...what the hell?!”

All he said was, “I sensed you were having a bad day”.

My eyes filled with tears. After all, it was his birthday and I was the one getting a gift.

Once again, the both of us are treading in new waters. Our son moved in with his best friend this past week which officially makes us 'empty nesters’

Though we both have so much on the go, for a couple that do a lot apart, we most definitely find our way back to each other in the moments that truly matter. It’s like we've come full circle and we are unconditionally there for one and other.

I shouldn't type that like there's a hint of surprise in the keys, because there isn't. Let’s face it, at the end of the day, isn't that what best friends do? They unconditionally support one and other?

Right?

RIGHT!

#TGIF everyone. 

That is all...!

No comments:

Post a Comment