Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What A Hump Day… Doggie Style!

What a dog with fleas today has been. Tell me something… Have you ever gone to bed (the night before having a really bad day) knowing exactly what'll be waiting for you in the morning? I know. Sucks doesn't it?! 

Well, as planned, I got up with the sun and was greeted by my long list of things to do with gumption. Choosing what gets crossed off the list first usually comes to me in the middle of the night via a hot flash. Today, first up, was decided before I went to bed last night. In preparation to start, I poured myself a cup of coffee; only to discover, after the fact, that the milk had soured. Sadly, a high point.

By late morning I was a mess. My glass washboard bit me. Ripped a two inch piece of skin off my thumb. No worries, the bleach in the wash water took care of any infection risk! Barely able to ring out the clothes, when I finally did get them on the line, it started to rain.

Once the sun resurfaced, Puddin’ felt the need to help me rehang the already too wet laundry. Because my clothesline is simply a rope tied to a tree that I attach to the storm door handle, the weight of the wet clothes make it sag. So, I prop the clothesline up with a long stick.

No sooner had I settled back to work at my desk, I see the dog on the deck chewing my clothesline proper-upper-thingy in front of the patio door. I discover ALL of the clothes on the ground and full of sand. Knowing I couldn't rewash them, I reattached the line, repossessed my prop, and proceeded to fetched the hose. Let me tell ya… with large quantities of smoke rolling out of my ears, I rinsed the snot out of 'em. Surprisingly enough, doing that felt really good. Almost as exhilarating as the relief one feels after a total melt down!

My cottage doormat. They may wipe their PAWS
... But they know squat about doing the laundry!
TAKEN: August 27th, 2014
Because I honestly do refuse to let the glass half empty win. No matter when one may strike, I always try and take some good from any bad day. 

Did you know that today is National Dog Day here in Canada?

As a result, I am pleased to report... 

That Puddin’ gets to LIVE... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Oh, and thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment