Monday, March 28, 2016

WELCOME BACK BIG GUY!

I didn’t have much of a voice when I woke up this morning. I felt a tickle in the back of my throat all day yesterday but figured I’d survived the copious amounts of screaming I did Saturday night relatively unscathed. Before your mind steamrolls you completely into the gutter, it's not what you're thinking. I simply headed south for a Garth Brooks concert.

I’ll start by saying that I am probably one of the largest concert goers I know. The other thing that I’ll disclose is that in most cases I head to the majority of the events on my own. Once the kids left the nest, there was nothing stopping me from heading into the City, at the drop of the hat, for a night of amazing entertainment. I started taking the sport seriously about 5 years ago and suffice is to say my Ticketmaster account is my friend.

Did you know it's been 19 years since Garth Brooks toured  in Canada?
TAKEN: MARCH 26th, 2016
So, when my phone alerted me that a small section of seats were released late last Thursday afternoon (for the 2016 Garth Brooks World Tour) I instantly sensed my credit card starting to vibrate in my wallet and my online password begging to be used. 

Once logged on, how could I resist? 

With that Ticketmaster blue dot shinning right back I me, I felt blessed that she was the only one left.  I clicked my mouse to instantly purchase the perfect onesie. You know the seat: that one perfect ticket that’s always alone in a prime spot but meant especially for someone like me... A die hard, concert going, fanatic!

As a person that over thinks and over analyzes everything, if there's one thing mid-life has taught me, is the less you think about something the more fun you'll have. I'm not a risk taker, anything but. Though, over time, I have evolved into a person who has no issue seizing a moment when it feels right.

My added bonus to grabbing my last minute onesie on the fly? In all the thousands of dollars I have spent over years on varying concert experiences, I have never felt the energy around me as I did Saturday night. His words and showmanship made me feel like he was singing for/to/and directly at me, the entire performance.

Well, me, and 19,999 other fans. All of whom I figure couldn't talk this morning either!

Thanks, Garth. A mere 19 years later... Canada still truly loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment